Are You Sure It's Not Chicken?! Deep Fried Tofu Karaage.
You can have Are You Sure It's Not Chicken?! Deep Fried Tofu Karaage using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Are You Sure It's Not Chicken?! Deep Fried Tofu Karaage
- It’s 1 block of Tofu (firm or silken).
- It’s 1 of as much as you need Chicken skin (optional).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 of Grated ginger and garlic.
- You need 1 of Katakuriko.
Are You Sure It's Not Chicken?! Deep Fried Tofu Karaage step by step
- To drain the tofu: Wrap the tofu with a paper towel and put it on a heat resistant dish. Microwave at 500W for 4 minutes (or at 600W for 3 minutes)..
- Put the Step 1 tofu in a bowl and add the soy sauce, grated ginger and garlic. Mix it all together with your hand and adjust the taste..
- Tip: I always eyeball the amount, so you should check the amounts of seasoning and adjust it to taste..
- Once properly seasoned, add the katakuriko and mix. Just add it until the mixture gets sticky..
- Deep fry pieces of the mixture in heated oil. Take a small amount with your hand and put it in the oil. They'll naturally form a karaage-like shape..
- ↑ You can also spoon the batter into the oil..
- Deep fry them until golden brown and serve..