Yummy Onigiri Japanese Rice Balls 🍙.
You can have Yummy Onigiri Japanese Rice Balls 🍙 using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Yummy Onigiri Japanese Rice Balls 🍙
- Prepare of For rice part.
- You need 300 g of Japanese rice.
- It’s of Water.
- Prepare of Some fine salt (use when you form the balls).
- Prepare of Some filling idea.
- You need 1 tin of reading made tuna.
- You need 1 piece of grill salmon, flake them up lightly.
- You need of Bonito flakes with soy sauce and mirin.
- It’s of Topping.
- It’s of Otomafurikake or seasoning seaweed flakes.
- You need of Mixed black and white toasted sesame seeds.
- You need of Mashed cooked green peas.
- You need of Side dishes.
- It’s of Kimchi (see recipe).
- Prepare of Pickled vegetable (see recipe).
Yummy Onigiri Japanese Rice Balls 🍙 instructions
- Cook your rice follow this instruction (see recipe).
- Here are some Japanese pickled vegetables.
- Put different toppings into each plate or tray.
- Once cooked your rice, divided into 3 part. Part one mix with mashed green peas leave it in a mixing bowl ready to make rice balls..
- For the 2/3 part of the white rice. Have a bowl of water nearby, dip both hands in water, sprinkle some fine salt (1/2 tsp) in on hand and rub both hand together..
- Pick up about 2 tbsp of rice on one less dominant hand and use your dominant hand to help form the rice to triangle shape. Make a hole in the middle and put about 1 tsp of your preferred stuffing in..
- Then form your rice ball again into triangle shape and dip the top part of your rice onto your seasoning sesame flakes topping..
- Do the same as the 1/3 of the white rice and this time dip the side part with toasted sesame seeds..
- Do the same with green pea rice balls. Serve with some pickled ginger or pickled vegetable..