Sate Padang (Beef Satay from Padang, Indonesia).
You can have Sate Padang (Beef Satay from Padang, Indonesia) using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sate Padang (Beef Satay from Padang, Indonesia)
- It’s 500 gr of beef, diced.
- It’s 1 pcs of lemongrass.
- You need 2 cm of ginger, crushed.
- It’s 2 cm of galangal.
- It’s 4 pcs of kaffir lime leaves (try to use the fresh one, but if you can't you can use the bottled one more less around 1 – 2 tbs).
- You need 5 pcs of bay leaves (try to use the fresh one, but if you can't find any, use the dried one also fine).
- It’s 50 gr of rice flour.
- It’s 500 ml of water.
- You need 4 pcs of birdeye chillies (less or none if you don't like spicy food).
- It’s 5 pcs of shallots.
- Prepare 5 pcs of garlic.
- It’s 2 tbs of ground corriander.
- You need 1 tbs of ground cumin.
- It’s 5 cm of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of white pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of cooking oil.
Sate Padang (Beef Satay from Padang, Indonesia) instructions
- Make a puree from shallots, garlic, ground cumin and ground coriander.
- Mix the spice puree and the diced beef, marinate for minimum 30 minutes, overnight is better.
- In the cooking pan, heat the cooking oil, then add the marinated beef, bay leaves, kaffir lime leaves, crushed ginger, and crushed galangal.
- Add 250 ml water, and let it boil.
- Take all the beef, save aside, throw away the leaves, ginger, and galangal.
- Mix the rice flour with the other 250ml water, then add to the soup, mix until thick, simmer it with a small fire..
- Put the beef at the skewers, do it with all the beef, then apply the cooking oil (I use vegetable oil) to the beef.
- If you use the grill, grilled the beef until become brown. If you use oven, bake it at 150° Celcius for 20 minutes, don't forget to flip the skewers in the middle of baking, to get all brown beef.
- Serve it with rice cake, and pour the soup at the top of the skewers.