Lebanese Arayess Kafta – A quick and easy tasty lunch.
You can cook Lebanese Arayess Kafta – A quick and easy tasty lunch using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lebanese Arayess Kafta – A quick and easy tasty lunch
- Prepare 500 g of beef mince (can also do half beef half lamb).
- You need 1 of big onion (or 2 medium).
- Prepare Handful of parsley.
- You need of ~4 flatbreads.
- It’s of Spices.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of allspice.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of lebanese seven spices (optional but adds a good taste).
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare Pinch of cumin (optional).
- You need of Optional topping.
- You need of Cheese.
Lebanese Arayess Kafta – A quick and easy tasty lunch instructions
- Finely chop the onion and the parsley. (If you do it in a food processor don’t over pulse. You don’t want to turn them into juice!).
- Add the finely chopped onion and parsley with all the mentioned spices to the meat and mix with your hand..
- Spread one tablespoon of the mixture on your flat bread (i have the Lebanese flatbread). Add cheese if you want.
- If your bread is fresh it’ll be easy to put the meat between the two layers, if not then just close it like a D shape.
- Cut the flatbread into slices like a pizza.
- Now in a flat pan add a tablespoon of oil and start pan frying the meat bread for almost 3 to 4 minutes on each side so the meat is cooked and the bread is crispy. It’s a thin layer of meat so it’ll be cooked quickly. (Leave it a bit longer if you feel skeptical).
- Serve with natural yogurt on the side and enjoy!.
- You can also grill it in the over or on a bbq which will give it an amazing smoky taste!.