Steam Fried Sesame Chicken.
You can have Steam Fried Sesame Chicken using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Steam Fried Sesame Chicken
- You need 2 of chicken breasts.
- It’s 1/2 (1 head) of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of small onion, halved and sliced thin.
- It’s 1/2 of a thumb ginger, minced.
- You need 3-4 Tbsp of Sesame oil.
- You need Cup of Water, set aside.
- You need to taste of S & P.
- Prepare of Roasted sesame seeds (optional).
- Prepare of Chives (optional).
Steam Fried Sesame Chicken step by step
- Prep: slice chicken breasts into nuggets or bite size pieces. Season with salt and pepper, glaze with sesame oil, and mix a teaspoon or two of garlic in it. To ensure the flavors infuses, refrigerate for an hour or two, and if you have time, leave it overnight..
- Cooking time!: Take out your chicken pieces and set aside. Heat a pan on low, place 2 tsps of sesame oil, just enough to cook the onions, garlic, and ginger. Add to the pan in that order..
- Cook the garlic and onion mix until it changes color then remove and set aside..
- In the same pan, add your chicken, arrange it so it's not on top of each other. Turn up the heat a little, then cup your hand and scoop water with it and add to the pan. Just enough water, like in the picture. We are actually steaming the chicken. Cover..
- When the water evaporates, add a cup hand more. When the chicken turns light brown, flip and do the other side for all of the pieces. Cover and continue adding water when needed and until both sides change in color..
- When both sides are par cooked, add back the garlic-onion mix..
- Add a teensy bit more water then as it evaporates, add a tbsp or two of sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper. Saute to mix in oil and cover. We are now frying chicken. Don't fry for too long as it will toughen the chicken. When chicken has browned, it is cooked, see photo..
- Transfer to a serving plate, garnish with roasted sesame seeds and green onion/chives. Serve and enjoy with rice or use as your filling for a wrap..