Pastel Goreng (Indonesian Crispy Fried Pies).
You can have Pastel Goreng (Indonesian Crispy Fried Pies) using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pastel Goreng (Indonesian Crispy Fried Pies)
- Prepare of Pastry ;.
- You need 250 gram of plain flour.
- Prepare 60 gram of butter.
- You need 60 ml of cold water.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare of Filling ;.
- You need of Oil for frying.
- You need of Boiled potatoes, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 of carrot, finely chopped.
- Prepare 100 gram of beef minced / chicken minced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of hard boiled eggs, finely chopped.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Sugar.
Pastel Goreng (Indonesian Crispy Fried Pies) instructions
- Make the filling first. Heat oil and fry the garlic until fragrant. Add meat & carrots. Fry until meat and carrots done. Then season with salt, pepper and sugar. Add so-un and potatoes, then last one, add hard-boiled eggs. Mix well and leave aside to cool..
- For the Pastry ; Mix the flour with margarine, egg, and salt. Knead well and then add water little by little. Let it rest for 1/2 hour. Then put a tablespoon of Oil and knead again until smooth. Roll the dough into paper thin. Cut the dough into circles 8 cm in diameter. Take a tbsp of filling and place in center. Fold pastry over to make half circle and crimp at edges. Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown..
- Happy Cooking 😍, pardon me 🙏, because I'm forget to take a picture the step by step 🙏.