Indonesian coconut beef.
You can have Indonesian coconut beef using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Indonesian coconut beef
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of Boneless sirloin steak trimmed.
- You need 3 tbsp of Corn oil.
- It’s 1 large of Spanish onion sliced.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic crushed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ground ginger.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ground coriander.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Chili seasoning.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of Shredded unsweetened coconut.
- You need 2 tsp of Light brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of Beef stock.
- It’s 1 of Thin slivers red bell pepper.
- It’s 1 of Chopped green chilies.
- You need 1 small of slices onion.
Indonesian coconut beef step by step
- Cut steak in 1/2 inch thick strips..
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Add Spanish onion slices and garlic and fry gently until soft. Add beef and fry, stirring, until brown..
- Add the spices to the beef and cook for 2 minutes..
- Add coconut, brown sugar, lemon juice, and beef stock; stir well..
- Simmer gently uncovered 30 to 35 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until mixture is thickened and dry. Stir mixture more frequently towards the end of cooking time to prevent sticking..
- Garnish with slivers of bell pepper green chilies and small slices of onion..
- If you prefer a more moist mixture, cook 20 to 25 minutes instead of 30 to 35 minutes..