My take on Sesame Noodles.
You can have My take on Sesame Noodles using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of My take on Sesame Noodles
- Prepare 500 gr of buckwheat noodles (1lb).
- You need 2 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 3 1/2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of rice vinegar.
- You need 1 tbsp of yuzu paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of peanut butter (I made my own, but any smooth one will do).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of brown sugar (turbinado works fine).
- It’s 1 tbsp of grated ginger.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 2 tsp of gochujang (Korean red chilli paste), go easy on this one if you prefer a not-so-spicy dish; me, I love the kick!.
- You need 1/2 of cucumber.
- You need 1/4 cup of roasted peanuts.
My take on Sesame Noodles step by step
- Heat a large pot of water until it boils. In the meantime: peel and cut the cucumber in julienne sticks (approx. 2.5 – 3 inch long, 1/8 inch wide & high). Also, chop the peanuts coarsely (pulse once or twice in a food processor is the easiest way, but be careful: don't turn them to flour!).
- Once the water boils, add the noodles and cook for 5 minutes or al dente (be careful not to overcook them!). While the noodles cook: combine oil, soy sauce, vinegar, yuzu paste, peanut butter, sugar, ginger, garlic and gochujang in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth and silky..
- Drain the noodles and rinse them in cold water until they are at room temperature..
- Combine the noodles and the sauce and toss until well coated..
- Serve in bowls and garnish with the cucumbers and the chopped peanuts. Enjoy!.