Hitsumabushi-style Chicken over Rice.
You can cook Hitsumabushi-style Chicken over Rice using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hitsumabushi-style Chicken over Rice
- Prepare 130 grams of Chicken thigh.
- You need 200 grams of Cooked rice.
- Prepare 300 ml of Chinese chicken soup stock.
- You need 2 tbsp of Yakitori Sauce.
- Prepare 1 of Japanese leek.
- Prepare 1 dash of Wasabi.
- You need 1 pinch of Sesame seeds.
- Prepare 1 dash of Green onions or scallions.
- You need 1 dash of Mitsuba.
- Prepare 1 of Egg yolk.
Hitsumabushi-style Chicken over Rice instructions
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces, leaving the skin on. Cut the leek into 3-4 cm pieces. Finely chop the green onion..
- Heat a frying pan. Once it is warmed up, add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil and cook the chicken..
- Once both sides of the chicken have changed color, cover with a lid and steam on low heat for 2 minutes. Remove from the pan..
- Add the leek to the same pan and patiently cook on low heat. Flip the leek to brown the surfaces..
- Once the leek has cooked, return the chicken to the pan. Add 1 tablespoon of yakitori sauce and coat the meat and leek..
- Place the rice in a bowl and pour in 1 tablespoon of yakitori sauce. Sprinkle the shredded nori on top. Top with the chicken and leek with the sauce and it's done..
- For the first bite, enjoy it as is!.
- For the second bite, dip it in a beaten egg yolk!.
- For the third bite, coat with green onion and sesame seeds!.
- For the fourth bite, eat it soaked in chicken soup stock with mitsuba leaves and wasabi!.