Karniyarik (Stuffed eggplant).
You can have Karniyarik (Stuffed eggplant) using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Karniyarik (Stuffed eggplant)
- Prepare 8 of medium narrow eggplants.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper (Italian).
- It’s 2 of tomatoes.
- You need 1 1/2 lbs of ground beef.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic / chopped.
- It’s 2 of dry onions / chopped thinly.
- It’s 1/2 bunch of Italian parsley.
- You need to taste of Cumin, salt, pepper.
- It’s of Olive oil to brush eggplants.
- It’s 1 of or 1/2 half cup of hot water.
Karniyarik (Stuffed eggplant) step by step
- Here are your main ingredients. You will sauté onions, garlic, then add ground beef, chopped tomatoes. After the meat changes the color, add paste and spices, and chopped pepper, set aside..
- Peel the eggplants using the 'stripe' technique : half peel skin, so you have one stripe of skin, and one stripe peeled. Place the eggplants in salty water and let them sit there while preparing the rest of ingredients – around 30 minutes..
- Dry them with paper towel, cut a slit in the center of the eggplants lengthwise, and brush with olive oil.
- Put into broiler, turn them over do not let them burn.
- They look like these. Next set the oven 375°F/190°C.
- Find your slit open up with a spoon, make some space for the meat stuffing..
- Fill them up.
- You are done with stuffing.
- Decorate them with tomatoes and pepper.
- Make sauce by mixing paste with hot water, pour over baking dish, (not over eggplants).
- Cook at 375 around 30 mins.
- They are ready.