Khasi Smokey Black Sesame Chicken Curry.
You can have Khasi Smokey Black Sesame Chicken Curry using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Khasi Smokey Black Sesame Chicken Curry
- It’s of Marination.
- Prepare 350 gm of chicken breast/ thighs boneless.
- You need To taste of Salt.
- It’s of Paste.
- It’s 1 cup of black sesame / kala til.
- You need 1 of big onion sliced thin.
- It’s 3-4 of kashmiri/dry red chilli soaked in hot water to soften.
- It’s 2-4 of green chilli.
- It’s 13-15 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 3-4 inches of ginger (unpeeled).
- It’s 3 tsp of Curry leaves.
- It’s 2-3 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 2-3 of Kashmiri dry chilli.
- You need 1 of big onion sliced.
- You need 1 of tomato.
- It’s 3-5 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare as needed of oil.
Khasi Smokey Black Sesame Chicken Curry step by step
- Marination: Wash and place in bowl. Grease them in salt (don't add too much as we'll be adding salt at various stages of cooking) Set aside. Don't dice the chicken yet..
- Toast the black sesame seeds on a hot pan for 2-3 minutes till you get the aroma on low med flame. Good way to check for toasting is change in aroma. Over toasting can turn curry bitter, which we want to avoid..
- Paste prep : Soak red chillies in hot water to soften..
- Toast the black sesame seeds on a hot pan for 3-4 minutes till you get the aroma on low med flame. Set aside to cool.
- Make a paste of the roasted sesame seeds, ginger, garlic, and green chilli, red chilli (with cover).
- Heat oil in skillet. Sear the chicken in oil till it becomes golden brown — heat oil in med-high flame. Place one side for 2-3 mins and then flip, repeat. Set aside along with the oil.
- Add the bay leaves and red chilli to the oil in which we just seared the chicken. Sautee for a minute. Add the onions. Cook till the onions are browned (5-7 mins on low flame).
- Add the sesame paste to the pan and cook it. Add the seared chicken and water (1/2 cup – 3/4 cup) Cool till chicken is tender (7-8 mins on low simmer, cover with lid)..
- Take off heat and add sugar according to preference! Curry shouldn't taste bitter, can also add jaggery/ honey if you like! Serve hot with steamed rice..