Chappatis/Indian Flat Bread.
You can cook Chappatis/Indian Flat Bread using 7 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chappatis/Indian Flat Bread
- Prepare of Must Have Utensils.
- Prepare of griddle / tava.
- It’s of Rolling pin and board.
- Prepare of Ingredients.
- Prepare of Kneaded Dough (check my previous recipe for kneading the dough).
- Prepare of Oil for brushing.
- Prepare of Wheat / all purpose flour for dusting.
Chappatis/Indian Flat Bread instructions
- Pinch and form lemon sized balls from the dough. Depending on how many chappatis you are making.
- Heat the griddle on high flame.
- Flatten the ball with your palms maintaining the circular shape.
- Add a drop of oil in the centre of the flattened ball and spread it evenly on it (only one side).
- Sprinkle little flour on the oiled surface.
- Bring all the ends together and push it in the middle.
- Flatten it again, retaining the circular shape.
- Dust the flat circle in dry flour on both sides.
- Add little flour to the board, so that the chappati doesn’t stick while rolling.
- Roll the circle into a round flat disc/chappati (not too thin/transparent) maintain the same thickness all around.
- Turn the chappati clockwise while rolling and flattening. Flip it both sides. Sprinkle flour if it’s sticking to the board..
- Place it on the hot griddle.
- When you see little bumps, flip it over, and brush it with oil. (use less oil as possible for it to be more healthy).
- Now flip it over to the first side and brush it with oil the same way.
- Flip again to see if the bumps are light brown in colour.
- If it puffs up…it’s just PERFECT!!.
- When the bumps turn brown on both sides, your chappati is ready..
- Serve hot. Can be stored in aluminium foil for 6 hours. It turns harder after 6 hours..
- Enjoy 😉👍🏻.