Better than KFC!? Spicy Chicken.
You can have Better than KFC!? Spicy Chicken using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Better than KFC!? Spicy Chicken
- You need 10 of Chicken drumettes – the first (thickest) joint of a chicken wing.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 50 ml of Milk.
- You need of Homemade Spicy Karaage Powder.
- It’s 200 ml of Cake flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Nutmeg.
- It’s 7/10 tsp of Allspice.
- Prepare 7/10 tsp of Garlic powder.
- You need 3/10 tsp of Cumin.
Better than KFC!? Spicy Chicken step by step
- Season the chicken drumettes with salt and pepper and let sit for 10 minutes or more..
- Combine the spices. Photo: Starting from the top and to the right – salt, nutmeg, allspice, garlic powder, pepper, cumin..
- Combine the spices with the flour..
- Place the chicken in a steaming basket that can be used in a pressure cooker. Place the steaming basket in the pressure cooker and cover with the lid. Turn on the pressure..
- Once it begins to boil and the top spins, leave it as is for 10 minutes. Stop the heat and then leave it until the pressure releases (it will cook in residual heat for about 10 minutes)..
- They are done steaming. Since they are quite tender, handle carefully..
- Line them up in a shallow metal tray to cool..
- Once cooled, coat them with the combined egg and milk mixture. Cover them with karaage powder. Leave them for 10 minutes so that the powder can settle and the seasoning can penetrate the chicken..
- Deep-fry the chicken in 190°C oil until nicely browned. It should take about 1.5-2 minutes..
- After they are fried, drain the oil well..
- Arrange on a plate and they're done!.
- Here is a recipe for Juicy Chinese-style Karaage.. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/152795-juicy-karaage-made-with-chicken-drumsticks.