Beef Bulgogi (불고기). Bulgogi, literally “fire meat”, is a gui made of thin, marinated slices of beef or pork grilled on a barbecue or on a stove-top griddle. It is also often stir-fried in a pan in home cooking. Sirloin, rib eye or brisket are frequently used cuts of beef for the dish.
It is often made with tender parts of beef, pork or chicken. I share best beef cuts for bulgogi and also how to slice cuts at home. Bulgogi (불고기), also known as Korean BBQ beef, is marinated thinly sliced beef, typically cooked over an open flame. “Bul” means fire in Korean, and “gogi” is a general term for meat. You can cook Beef Bulgogi (불고기) using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Bulgogi (불고기)
- Prepare of Marinade.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of Japanese or Korean soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of mirin.
- You need 2 tbsp of sugar (optional).
- You need 1/2 of Korean nashi pear or 1 small red apple.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion (about 80 g).
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- It’s of Main.
- It’s 1 kg of beef, sliced into thin (approx. 3 mm) slices.
- Prepare 1 of onion, sliced.
- You need 1 tbsp of toasted sesame seeds.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 of carrot, julienned (optional).
- It’s 2 stalks of chopped scallions (optional).
Most authentic Bulgogi – Korean Beef BBQ recipe with honey and rice wine. Bulgogi – Authentic Korean Beef BBQ Recipe. Bulgogi (불고기) is a classic Korean preparation of beef or pork in which thinly shaved meat is marinated in a sweet and savory sauce, and grilled on a barbecue or on a stove-top griddle. Bulgogi is a type of Korean BBQ made with thin slices of sirloin beef.
Beef Bulgogi (불고기) instructions
- Combine all marinade ingredients except the sesame oil in a blender. Puree until smooth. Pour marinade over beef and add sesame oil. Mix thoroughly, and let marinate for 4 hours at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator..
- Set a skillet on medium high heat with both the vegetable and sesame oil until hot but not smoking. Fry the meat and vegetables for 3–5 minutes or until cooked to desired level of doneness. Toss in sesame seeds and give a quick stir..
- Serve with steamed rice and Korean side dishes (e.g. kimchi)..
It is marinated in a mixture with soy sauce Bulgogi is one of Korea's most popular meat dishes and justifiably so – it tastes amazing! Bulgogi literally means “fire meat”, and is a popular Korean BBQ dish. Bulgogi Beef – How They “Barbecue” in Korea (the Good Korea). This is going to be a pretty easy post to write, since I know almost nothing about the fine art of bulgogi. Beef Bulgogi is crazy tender and juicy seeping with mildly sweet, savory, smoky flavors from the soy, sesame, garlic, ginger marinade.