Sweet and Spicy Chicken (Indonesian Style).
You can cook Sweet and Spicy Chicken (Indonesian Style) using 22 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet and Spicy Chicken (Indonesian Style)
- You need of Marinade :.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic (grated).
- You need to taste of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of chicken powder.
- It’s of Ingredient :.
- Prepare of Boneless Chicken breast.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic (chopped).
- You need 4 of shallot (chopped).
- Prepare 1 of tomato (cut).
- Prepare 3 of orange leafs.
- Prepare 2 cm of galangal (smashed).
- You need 2 cm of ginger (smashed).
- It’s 1 of lemonggrass (smashed).
- Prepare of Indonesian Sweet soy sauce.
- It’s of Tomato Ketchup.
- You need of White pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbs of Butter.
- It’s of Water.
- It’s of Chicken powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of brown sugar.
- It’s of Cooking oil.
- It’s 5 of red chillies (cut small) – The amount of chilli depends on how spicy you want it to be.
Sweet and Spicy Chicken (Indonesian Style) instructions
- Cut medium chicken and marinade about 30 minutes.
- Add cooking oil to a pan and wait until oil is getting hot and fry chicken on medium heat until light golden.
- Remove chicken from the pan, and discard almost all the oil,leaving just a bit in the pan.
- Add butter wait until melt, put in garlic, chilli,shallot, galangal,ginger, orange leafs, lemonggrass and wait until fragrant. Put the chicken back in the pan and stir it.
- Add some water and cook untill chicken really cooked, add sweet soy sauce, tomato ketchup, tomato, pepper, sugar,chicken powder,and stir it.
- Stir to coat well the chicken for few minutes untill sauce has thickened..
- Taste it and served immediately with rice,, nom nom :)).