Seafood dish – Fideuà. Fideuà is Spanish dish similar to paella, that uses short strands of pasta instead of rice. – by Hannah Oakshott. For the fideuà, heat half of the oil in a paella pan or large, heavy-based, shallow frying pan over a Return the monkfish and the prawns to the pan, then arrange the mussels over the top of the fideuà. This is the one you have been looking for, the Authentic Spanish Seafood Fideuà Recipe from Valencia.
Bring to a simmer, then cover the whole dish with a tight-fitting lid (or foil). Fideuà is a colorful Spanish dish often described as an interpretation of the popular paella. Similar to its more popular counterpart, fideuà employs a variety of seafood ingredients, but instead of rice, it. You can cook Seafood dish – Fideuà using 9 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Seafood dish – Fideuà
- It’s 1 / 2 cup dl of . Sofregit.
- It’s 1½ liters of fish stock.
- You need ½ of red pepper.
- It’s 250 g of squid.
- It’s 4 – 6 of lobster Norway /Scampi good size, (I use whatever I think looks best at the market)..
- You need 250 g of clam hard /quahog.
- Prepare 500 g of fideus no.4 (fideua noodles).
- Prepare of olive oil , mild.
- It’s 1 tsp of . esdragon.
Seafood Fideuá – is a Spanish dish similar to paella, but it has pasta instead of rice. Fideuà is quicker and easier than paella, but it's delicious and flavorful anyway. Today's dish, Fideuà is a cousin of the famous Paella, made with pretty much the same ingredients but, instead of rice, Fideuà noodles provide the starch. More often than not, it's a seafood dish.
Seafood dish – Fideuà instructions
- You need to have prepared sofregit and fish stock in advance for this recipe..
- Put the clams in cold water with a pinch of salt and leave them for around 30-45 min., to remove any sand from the clams, while you prepare the rest of the ingredients and start cooking the fideuà..
- Clean the squid and remove the mouth and ink (you can save the ink for making e.g. Arròs Negre), or simply have your fishmonger do it..
- Cut the pepper and squid in 1 inch/2 cm squares..
- Put 4-5 Tbsp. oil in a paella pan (approx. Ø 30 cm) and fry the squid and pepper lightly..
- After a few minutes, add scampi. Stir and fry around 2-3 min. Make sure to fry the scampi on both sides..
- Remove all from the pan and fry the fideus on the pan in the remaining oil while stirring until all are evenly golden-brown (around 5 min.). Add more oil if needed..
- Add 1 cup/ 2 dl sofregit and fry together with the fideus for around 2-3 min. Add a little water if you can't get the sofregit to mix with the fideus..
- Add around 1½ liter of fish stock and the previously fried pepper and squid and stir until evenly distributed..
- Throw the water away from the clams, put a little water in the bottom of the pot and boil them until they open (2-5 min.). Throw away the ones that hasn't opened..
- Remove the half of the shell that the clam isn't attached to..
- Add the clams to the fideuà and stir carefully until they are evenly distributed. Season with 1 tsp. esdragon, place the scampi on the surface and let it boil for around 20 min..
- When the fideus are al dente, the dish is done. You can finish it by gratinating in the oven for 3 min. if you want the surface to be more crunchy..
- Served in the pan..
It's called seafood fideuà and it uses short dry vermicelli-like noodles instead of rice. What can I say about it… this is a wonderful, wonderful dish that we all feel very passionate about. Try this approachable and delicious version of the Catalan dish, Fideuà. Made with short strands of artisan pasta and fresh seafood, is usually served with all i oli. Seafood fideuà is one of our holiday favorites because of its show-stopping presentation and minimal prep time.