You can cook Oyakodon using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Oyakodon
- It’s 80 grams of Chicken thigh.
- You need of Onion 1/4 of a whole.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- It’s of Dashi 60ml (Japanese soup stock).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Mirin.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of Sugar.
- You need of Rice 200-250g cooked.
- 1. Cut a onion into thin slices.
- 2. Cut chicken into bite size pieces..
- 3. In a frying pan, pour in dashi, soy sauce, mirin and sugar..
- 4. Slightly before it comes to the boil, add the onions and chicken into the pan and cook it in medium high heat..
- 5. As you cook the onion and chicken, crack two eggs in a bowl and beat it half way. No need to beat it well. You are not looking for air to go into the eggs..
- 6. When the chicken is 80% cooked(3-4 minutes), pour the beaten egg into the pan..
- 7. Let it cook for another 3-4 minutes, depending how raw you are okay with the eggs. If you don’t like half cooked eggs, you can cook longer with a lid on..
- 8. Serve it on a bowl of rice..