Kimchi Fried Rice | Kimchi Bokkeumbap.
You can have Kimchi Fried Rice | Kimchi Bokkeumbap using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kimchi Fried Rice | Kimchi Bokkeumbap
- It’s 1 Cup of Rice,.
- You need 1 Cup of Kimchi Preferably Aged & Homemade,.
- It’s 3 TBSP of Sesame Oil,.
- Prepare 3 Cloves of Garlic Finely Minced,.
- You need of Gochujang, 1 TBSP Adjust To Preference.
- It’s Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- It’s Pinch of Mushroom Powder,.
- You need of Eggs, 2 (Optional).
- You need of Scallions Finely Sliced, For Garnish.
- You need of Nori Flakes, For Garnish.
- Prepare of Black Sesame Seeds, For Garnish.
Kimchi Fried Rice | Kimchi Bokkeumbap instructions
- You can check out my previous post for the kimchi recipe..
- Wash and drain the rice 3 times. Add water to submerge the rice with about a knuckle depth. Cook the rice in a rice cooker as per the manufacturer's instructions. Once the rice is cooked, fluff the rice..
- You should have about 3 to 4 cups of cooked rice. Keep chilled in the fridge overnight. The next day, drain kimchi to remove the excess juice. Reserve the juice. *You can do this by squeezing or hang on a sieve.*.
- Finely chop the drained kimchi. Transfer into a bowl. I also reserve some of the kimchi for garnishing. In a skillet over medium heat, drizzle 1.5 TBSP of sesame oil. Once the oil is heated up and at the smoking point, add in the chopped kimchi. Saute for a few seconds..
- Add in garlic and saute until aromatic. Add in the overnight cooked rice. Break up any large clumps of rice with a spatula. Saute until well combined. Add in the kimchi juice and chili paste. Saute until well combined, making sure every grain of rice is well coated. Drizzle in the remaining sesame oil. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and mushroom powder..
- Give it a final saute. Transfer onto a large plate. You can garnish with scallions, nori and sesame seeds at this stage and serve at this point for a vegan-friendly option. Or you can cook 2 sunny side ups and serve on individual plates as shown in the photos..
- You can check out the detailed recipe video: www.instagram.com/tv/CKB2aMsl61O/.