You can have Crab Jjigae using 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crab Jjigae
- Prepare 5 of crabs' worth Crab meat.
- It’s 1 of Korean zucchini.
- Prepare 1/3 of Daikon radish.
- You need 1 large of Onion.
- It’s 1 of ◆Japanese leek.
- It’s 3 each of ◆Korean fresh red chili pepper (red and green).
- Prepare 1 of packet ◎ Enoki mushrooms.
- Prepare 1/2 bag of ◎ Chrysanthemum greens.
- You need 1600 ml of Water.
- It’s 33 grams of ★ Korean powdered chili pepper.
- You need 86 grams of ★ Korean miso.
- It’s 36 grams of ★ Gochujang.
- It’s 10 grams of ★ Soy sauce.
- You need 20 grams of ★ Mirin.
- You need 20 grams of ★ Garlic, grated.
- Prepare 1 of ★ Salt.
Crab Jjigae step by step
- If the crabs are frozen, take them out of the freezer and thaw them for 30 minutes at room temperature to make them easier to handle..
- Clean the crabs thoroughly using a brush of some sort, and gently remove the excess moisture..
- Remove the back shell. Cut off the unnecessary parts such as the tip of the legs and gills with a knife or a pair of scissors and divide into 4 pieces..
- Drain in a colander..
- Cut the onion, daikon radish, and zucchini into bite-sized pieces..
- This is Korean zucchini. You may use a regular variety, but the taste is quite different. I recommend using a Korean zucchini if available..
- Thinly slice the ◆ vegetables..
- In a bowl, combine all of the ★ ingredients and knead evenly..
- Fill a pot with the water, then add the daikon radish and the seasoning mixture from Step 8 and turn on the heat. Once it comes to a boil, reduce heat to medium and cook until the daikon radish is tender..
- Add the onion and zucchini to the pot and simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Bring to a boil over high heat, and add the crabs into it one by one..
- Simmer for about 10 minutes while removing the fat and scum..
- Add the sliced vegetables and the ◎ ingredients and bring to a boil. Season with salt to taste and turn off the heat..
- It's done..