You can have Chorizo Hash using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chorizo Hash
- Prepare 250 g of potatoes, diced.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s 200 g of chorizo, skins removed and chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of rapeseed oil (if needed).
- Prepare 2 of banana shallots, chopped.
- You need 1 of red chilli, chopped (I leave the seeds in but remove if preferred).
- It’s 1 of red pepper, deseeded and sliced.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, chopped.
- You need 125 g of chestnut mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 2 of eggs (optional).
- Prepare handful of coriander leaves, chopped (optional).
Chorizo Hash instructions
- Par-boil the potatoes in salted water for 7 minutes and set aside for Step 4..
- Dry-fry the chorizo for a few minutes, until the oils have come out and the sausage meat changes from red to brown and is cooked but not burnt. Set aside to drain on kitchen paper for Step 4..
- If necessary, add the oil to the pan and on a medium heat fry the shallots for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the chilli, pepper, garlic and mushrooms and fry for a further 3 minutes, again stirring occasionally..
- Add the potatoes and continue frying for another 4-5 minutes, stirring to avoid burning. Add back the chorizo and stir well. Serve after 1 minute..
- Meanwhile, if wished, in a separate pan poach or fry the eggs..
- Plate up the hash, optionally adding a poached or fried egg to each..
- Optional garnish with the coriander..