Fish of Misoni ( Spanish Mackerel Simmered in Miso).
You can have Fish of Misoni ( Spanish Mackerel Simmered in Miso) using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fish of Misoni ( Spanish Mackerel Simmered in Miso)
- You need 2 of Spanish Mackerel fillets (Batang Steak).
- It’s 20 grams of Ginger.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Sake (cooking rice wine).
- It’s 300 ml of Water.
- It’s 1 tsp of Japanese soup stock.
- You need 4 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Miso.
Fish of Misoni ( Spanish Mackerel Simmered in Miso) instructions
- Cut the spanish mackerel in half and score a cross on the surface of the skin. Julienne the ginger..
- Put the water and Sake in a frying pan. When it starts ti boil, put the Japanese soup stock. Place the spanish mackerel skin-side up and cook..
- When the edges of the spanish mackerel start getting white, add the ginger..
- When it boils again, turn the heat down to medium-law, and remove the scum. Add the sugar, put a drop lid on it and simmer for 8 minutes. (If you do not have the drop lid, cover aluminum foil on the spanish mackerel. The drop lid helps to make sure ingredients have an even flavor.).
- Add the miso by blending it with some of the stewing liquid. Occasionally scoop of the stewing liquid and pour it over the fish. Simmer for 7 minutes..
- When the stewing liquid reduces, take out the drop lid and shake the frying pan from side to side to coat the dish with the stew. Serve on the dishes..
- Spanish Mackerel (Batang Steak) SG$1.7/100grams at FairPrice.
- Old Ginger SG$0.95/200g at FairPrice, RedMart etc.
- Sake- Cooking Rice Wine SG$5~7/500ml at RedMart, Sakuraya, Dondon DONKI etc.
- Japanese White Suger SG$3.5/kg at DonDon Donki.
- Miso SG$4~8/pck at FairPrice, Coldstrage, RedMart, Dondon DONKI etc. (Plese use your favorite Miso).
- Japanese Soup stock SG 5~8/pck at FairPrice, Coldstrage, Dondon DONKI etc.