Ayam Goreng Lengkuas / Indonesian Gallangal Fried Chicken.
You can cook Ayam Goreng Lengkuas / Indonesian Gallangal Fried Chicken using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ayam Goreng Lengkuas / Indonesian Gallangal Fried Chicken
- Prepare 1/2 kg of chickens.
- It’s of Turmeric paste:.
- You need 6 of shallots.
- Prepare 4 of garlics.
- It’s 3 cm of turmeric, peeled.
- Prepare of Others:.
- You need 2 of Indonesian basil leaves.
- Prepare 1 of lemongrass.
- You need 1 of medium size gallangal, shredded.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- It’s of Sugar.
- You need of Chicken powder.
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
- It’s of Water.
Ayam Goreng Lengkuas / Indonesian Gallangal Fried Chicken instructions
- Make the paste using a blender or traditional mortar and pestle until smooth..
- In a shallow pan, add in the chickens, paste and water. The water has to be enough to cover the chickens..
- Then add in the seasonings as well as the lemongrass and basil leaves not to forget the shredded gallangal..
- Simmer until the water and the paste dissolves and penetrate through the chickens. Stir occasionally..
- After the chickens are cooked through, put them off the heat, you can freeze them or you can fry them straight away..
- Heat the oil in a pan, medium high heat. When bubbles start to come, put the chickens and fry until golden brown..
- Serve with rice. Enjoy!.