Pepes Ayam / Indonesian Steamed Chicken in Banana Leaf.
You can cook Pepes Ayam / Indonesian Steamed Chicken in Banana Leaf using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pepes Ayam / Indonesian Steamed Chicken in Banana Leaf
- You need of Other Ingredients:.
- You need 5 of Indonesian bay leaves.
- It’s 2 stalks of lemongrass, smashed and cut into 10 parts.
- Prepare 2 of green onions, cut into 2 cm.
- You need 10 of birdeye chillies.
- You need 1 bunch of thai basil leaves.
- Prepare 12 of champignon mushrooms (optional).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of coconut cream.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- You need of Sugar.
- You need of Chicken powder.
- You need of Equipment:.
- It’s 5 of banana leaves that's been grilled a bit and cleaned.
- It’s of Toothpicks, 5 divide into 2 to make 10.
- It’s of Main Ingtedient;.
- It’s 1/2 kg of chicken, divide into 5 or any kind of chicken parts.
- It’s of Turmeric Paste:.
- Prepare 15 of shallots, peeled and chopped.
- It’s 10 of garlics, peeled and chopped.
- It’s 10 of candlenuts.
- Prepare 4 cm of turmeric, peeled and chopped.
Pepes Ayam / Indonesian Steamed Chicken in Banana Leaf step by step
- Blend the turmeric paste ingredients in a blender until it becomes a paste. Or you can use stone mortar and pestle..
- Put your chicken in a bowl. Add in the paste, salt, sugar, pepper, chicken powder and coconut cream. combine them all until well coated. Put in the fridge for 30 minutes to marinate..
- Take your banana leaf. place in the middle of the leaf and take 2 or 3 chopped green onions, some basil leaves, 2 Indonesian bay leaves and some paste. Add 1 chicken, add another paste, add in 2 of your birdeye chilles, some basil leaves, another green onions, some mushrooms and some paste. Fold then secure with some toohpick. Do until everything is finished..
- Steam in a preheated steamer until cooke about 15-20 minutes..