You can cook Steak fajitas using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Steak fajitas
- Prepare 2 of pound flank steak, or similar cut.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 3 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 of juice from 1 lime.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Mexican oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped cilantro.
- It’s 2 of onions, sliced.
- Prepare 3 of bell peppers, a trio of colours preferred.
- It’s 8 of warm flour tortillas.
- Prepare 1 of shredded cheese, (I use crumbled queso fresco or Chihuahua cheese. use whatever floats your boat (: ).
Steak fajitas step by step
- You can do this two ways – thinly slice your flank steak or leave whole. I like to slice it- it marinates better and it cooks faster..
- Mix the marinade ingredients- the olive oil through the cilantro..
- Pour half the marinade over veggies and half over the meat..
- Let marinade for one hour ( you may marinade longer if you choose but an hour will do the trick).
- Now get a grill screaming hot. Using a grill pan or grill wok, place on grill for a few minutes to get that hot. Add the veggies and quickly stir fry for about 2 minutes. Then throw that meat on top and continue stirring and shaking that pan. Cook about another five minutes or meat is desired doneness. Trust me.. you'll want it pink to red though..
- If cooking a whole flank steak, cook veggies as directed and cook the steak whole on grill grates for about 2-3 minutes on both sides. Flank steak is thin so don't overcook! ( I'm so terrified of overcooking beef!) Remember! Grill needs to be hot!.
- Serve on warm tortillas, add chopped avocado, sour cream, hot sauce, the cheese, etc., etc. Delicious!.