Youlinji (Chinese deep fried chicken).
You can have Youlinji (Chinese deep fried chicken) using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Youlinji (Chinese deep fried chicken)
- Prepare 3 pieces of Chicken thighs.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Chopped spring onion.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sake (cooking rice wine).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 pinch of Pepper.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of Potato starch.
- Prepare of
- It’s 3 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Water.
- You need 1 tbsp of Vinegar.
- You need 1 tbsp of Mirin.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sugar.
Youlinji (Chinese deep fried chicken) instructions
- Cut the chicken thighs into large bite size..
- Mix the 1tbsp Sake, 1 tsp Suger, 1/4tsp Salt and 1pinch pepper. Marinate the chickens and leave for 10 to 15 minutes..
- Remove the excess moisture from the chickens. Wrap the chicken with paper towels and damp dry..
- Just before frying, coat the chickens with potato starch and dust off the excess powder..
- Heat the frying oil to between 170 to 180 degrees, then put the chickens in, turn them over, cook through, and fry till golden brown..
- While frying chickens, make a Youlinji sauce. Mix the Sauce ingredients to a heat resistant bowl. Use microwave at middle heat(600W) for 1 minuet. Add the chopped spring onion..
- Place the chickens into the youlinji sauce off while the chickens still hot. Let it mix well..