Thai basil chicken. Thai basil chicken, better known in Thai as pad kra pao gai (ผัดกระเพราไก่ pad ka prao gai) , is a contender for the most popular, and the most beloved Thai street food dish of all time. Thai Basil Chicken is a gold standard Thai chicken recipe that's incredibly fast and easy to make I LOVE Thai Basil Chicken. Just looking at these photos and writing up this post has me peeved that.
My version of this classic Thai dish has spectacular taste even with regular basil instead of Thai or holy basil. The sauce actually acts like a glaze as the chicken mixture cooks over high heat. This simple Thai Basil Chicken, known as Pad Grapow, is insanely quick and inexpensive to make. You can have Thai basil chicken using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thai basil chicken
- Prepare 1 lb of chicken breast, chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of basil.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/3 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 2 tsp of fish sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of white sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of chili pepper flakes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 cups of cooked rice.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
This recipe is always a big hit with the family! It's also quite easy to make. Thai Basil Chicken – super easy and authentic recipe made with ground chicken, Thai basil and chilies. Thai Basil Chicken Recipe made with delicious bits of ground chicken, shallots, and fresh basil stir-fried in a light and flavorful sauce filled with lots of heat and just the right amount of sweetness.
Thai basil chicken instructions
- Chop chicken into smaller than bite sized pieces. Mix in a bowl with a bit of soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and cornstarch. Leave for 15-20 min in the fridge..
- Stack 4-5 leaves of basil on top of each other, roll and slice into shreds..
- Whisk chicken broth, oyster sauce, fish sauce, soy sauce and sugar in a small bowl until well blended..
- Heat large skillet over high heat. Drizzle in oil. Add chicken and stir fry. Stir in garlic and red pepper flakes. Add the sauce to the meat until it browns..
- Stir in basil and cook until basil is wilted..
- Fry the eggs for 2 min so that the yolk is still runny. Serve with rice and egg on top..
My Thai basil chicken recipe calls for ground chicken, but feel free to use any other ground meat if The smells that will soon come from your kitchen as you make Thai basil chicken will have you. This Thai Basil Chicken (Gai Pad Krapow) is one of them. And it isn't one of those rush jobs either. It's insanely flavorful, healthier, and lighter than the takeout version and guaranteed hit with the family. Thai Basil Chicken is probably one of my favorite Thai takeout dishes.