Chinese style beef stew. Chinese beef stew recipe (柱侯蘿蔔炆牛腩) is the Cantonese style cuisine by serve with noodles and rice. Best use beef brisket for its flavor. Therefore, I am keeping the recipe as close to the traditional Cantonese style.
This Chinese beef stew is an easy make-ahead recipe that requires little prep and you'll have delicious dinners for the next couple of days. What do you think of adding bok choy in to the liquid with the carrots and potatoes? I want to add some extra veggies one-pot style and feel like that would go well. You can have Chinese style beef stew using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chinese style beef stew
- Prepare 500 g of Beef.
- It’s 2 of potatoes.
- Prepare 2 of carrots.
- Prepare 6 slices of ginger.
- It’s 6 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 1 of dried chilli pepper 🌶.
- Prepare 1 g of dried Sichuan pepper.
- You need 4 of tomatoes 🍅.
- Prepare 1 spoon of cooking wine.
- Prepare 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 of spring onion.
- You need 1 of green pepper.
- You need Half of onion 🧅.
The name is my attempt at a literal translation of the Chinese style of braising meats. This Chinese Beef Brisket Stew with Beef Tendon & Daikon (Chinese: 柱侯蘿蔔牛筋腩) is yet another classic Cantonese favorite! Boneless Beef Finger Meat (Chinese: 牛坑腩) is thin strips of beef cut from in between the ribs. It's probably the best cut for making Hong Kong Style Beef Stew.
Chinese style beef stew step by step
- Stir fry garlic ginger, dried chilli and Sichuan pepper first..
- Add beef in stir fry until it turns bit golden colour, then put onion in..
- Add cut tomatoes and cooking wine, spring onion,slow cook for 30 minutes until tomatoes are almost melt..
- Add soy sauce, salt then potatoes and carrots, together with a tsp of Italian mixed herbs. Slow cook for another 30 min..
- Finally add cut green pepper on top.Done ✅.
Chinese-Style Beef, Sweet Potato, and Bok Choy Stew. With a slotted spoon, transfer meat to a plate. Cut as much fat off the stew meat as possible. In a large non-stick pot, heat the oil on high and sear the beef until brown. This easy Chinese Beef Stir Fry is made with a simple but flavourful Chinese Beef Stir Fry.