California Roll Dip.
You can cook California Roll Dip using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of California Roll Dip
- Prepare 1/2 pound of surimi (artificial crab), completely thawed, water squeezed out, and chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Persian cucumber (1 pickling or 1/2 an English/Hothouse, seeded are ok)) diced, excess water squeezed out – See Step 1.
- Prepare 1 of large ripe avocado diced.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of very finely chopped onions.
- You need 1/3 cup of mayonnaise (I like Best Foods/Hellman's).
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice.
California Roll Dip step by step
- To squeeze excess water from cucumbers, dice them first, toss with 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and let sit for 15 to 20 mins. Then with clean hands, grab a fistful and squeeze to remove excess water. Set aside in a mixing bowl and repeat with the rest of the cucumber..
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the mixing bowl and gently fold together until thoroughly combined. In these kinds of preparations, I like to sprinkle things like salt and sugar over the entire surface area because it's much easier to make sure they get evenly incorporated into the recipe that way..
- Serve with crackers, pita, tortilla chips, or as a vegetable dip..