The Chicken Karaage.
You can have The Chicken Karaage using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of The Chicken Karaage
- You need 700 grams of Chicken thighs.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ●White wine.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ●Soup stock granules.
- You need 1 tbsp of ●Oyster sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of ●Sugar.
- You need 1 dash of ●Salt.
- Prepare 1 of thumbnail sized piece / clove each ●Ginger, garlic (grated).
- Prepare 1 of Egg white.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sesame oil.
- Prepare 7 tbsp of plus Katakuriko.
The Chicken Karaage instructions
- Cut the chicken thighs into bite sized pieces. If you want to cut down on calories, remove excess fat and the skin. But it tastes better if you leave them on!.
- Add the ● seasoning ingredients to the chicken, and leave to marinate at room temperature for about 30 minutes. During the summer, marinate in the refrigerator for an hour, then let it come back to room temperature before proceeding..
- If you use 2 teaspoons of soy sauce instead of the salt, it'll be Japanese-flavored. I debated with myself whether or not to add soy sauce to the ingredients list. It's that tasty..
- When the chicken reaches room temperature, add an egg white and mix well. Add sesame oil and katakuriko and mix lightly..
- The key to a crispy finish is to fry the chicken twice! First fry the chicken (in batches) in 340F/170C oil until the surface is crispy..
- If the coating becomes soggy, add a little more katakuriko and fry again!.
- Raise the oil temperature to 375F/190C, then fry the chicken again for about a minute. Fry 4 pieces at a time, because if you crowd the pan, the chicken won't be crispy!.
- Now you have chicken karaage that's crispy on the outside and extra-juicy on the inside!.