Mike's Spicy Siriacha Udon.
You can have Mike's Spicy Siriacha Udon using 18 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's Spicy Siriacha Udon
- It’s 16 oz of Fresh Udon Noodles [found in the refrigerated section of your Asian market].
- Prepare 5 Cups of Beef Stock [or other].
- You need 1 Cup of Bean Sprouts [left whole – + reserves].
- You need 1/4 Cup of Green Onions [chopped + reserves].
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Thai Basil [rough chopped – + reserves].
- You need 1 tbsp of Garlic Siriacha Chili Sauce [+ reserves].
- You need 1/4 tsp of Chinese 5 Spice [optional].
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Fresh Ginger [minced].
- It’s 3 tbsp of Siriacha Hot Sauce [+ reserves].
- Prepare 4 of Thai Chilies [minced].
- You need 1 tbsp of Red Miso Paste.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Fresh Cilantro [+ reserves for garnish].
- You need as needed of Fresh Lime Wedges [garnish].
- It’s as needed of Red Pepper Flakes [garnish].
- You need as needed of Toasted Sesame Seeds [garnish].
- You need 2 of Boiled Eggs [halved – garnish].
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Fresh Garlic [minced].
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Quality Fish Sauce.
Mike's Spicy Siriacha Udon instructions
- Bring 5 cups beef stock [or other stock] to a steady boil. In the meantime, quickly chop your herbs and vegetables. Add hot sauces and spices to your simmering stock. Loosely seperate your Udon noodles and add them to your broth. Stir occasionally. Boil noodles steady for 2 minutes. Then, add all herbs and vegetables. Except for anything listed as a garnish or reserves. Boil soup for 1 minute longer. Serve hot but, you can serve Udon Noodles cold. In fact, one of the best Udon recipes I'd ever eaten was served cold with nothing other than chilled Garlic Siriacha Sauce, Thai Basil and fresh minced garlic..
- That's it! Easy peasy! Serve with additional Siriacha sauces, Thai Basil, Red Pepper Flakes, Bean Sprouts, fresh Cilantro, toasted sesame seeds, fresh chives, lime wedges and boiled eggs. Enjoy!.