Chilled Chicken Breast for the Summertime.
You can have Chilled Chicken Breast for the Summertime using 16 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chilled Chicken Breast for the Summertime
- You need 2 of Chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ・Sake.
- You need 1 tsp of ・Sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ・Salt.
- It’s 1 of Katakuriko.
- It’s 1 of Vegetables such as lettuce and cherry tomatoes.
- It’s of For the cold shabu-shabu sauce with daikon radish, soy sauce, and lemon (Recipe ID: 1494363).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of Mirin.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Honey.
- You need 3/4 tsp of Dashi stock granules.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Water.
- It’s 150 grams of Daikon radish.
Chilled Chicken Breast for the Summertime instructions
- Make the cold shabu-shabu sauce: Peel and grate the daikon radish. Place in a sieve and press with the back of a spoon to drain away the excess water..
- Combine sugar, honey, dashi stock granules and water in a heatproof container, and microwave for 40 seconds at 600 W..
- Add soy sauce, mirin, vinegar, lemon juice, and the grated daikon radish from Step 1 to Step 2..
- Take the skin off the chicken breast meat and on the diagonal into about 7 mm pieces..
- Prep for “salted chicken”: Put the chicken pieces in a bowl, sprinkle sake, sugar, and salt and rub in well. Leave for a while to macerate..
- Coat the chicken with katakuriko. Shake off excess starch and put the chicken in a pan of boiling water one piece at a time..
- Adjust the heat so that the water in the pan is not bubbing rapidly, and lightly simmer the chicken..
- When the chicken pieces are cooked through, turn off the heat, and drain in a sieve..
- Fill a bowl with cold water and put in the chicken. Change the water 2 to 3 times to cool the chicken..
- When the chicken has cooled down, put in a bowl of ice water to chill..
- Drain the chicken pieces in a sieve..
- Line a serving plate with lettuce, cherry tomatoes or other vegetables, and put the chicken pieces on top. Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve..
- Please also see a sashimi-style recipe with wasabi soy sauce. “Amazingly tender! Sashimi-style Chicken Breast”..
- This is the version with umeboshi, bonito flakes and soy sauce: “Chilled chicken breast with umeboshi, bonito flakes and soy sauce”..
- Here's another light dish, “Summertime Chicken Tenders with Vinegar Sauce”..