Karaage-style Fried Cod.
You can cook Karaage-style Fried Cod using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Karaage-style Fried Cod
- You need 3 of Fresh cod fillets.
- It’s 1 of to 2 teaspoons ◯ Grated garlic.
- Prepare 1 of to 2 teaspoons ◯ Grated fresh ginger.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ◯ Sake.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ◯ Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ◯ Chinese soup stock.
- It’s 2 of to 3 tablespoons Flour or katakuriko.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Oil.
Karaage-style Fried Cod instructions
- Remove any bones, scales or stickiness and chop into bite-sized pieces..
- Put the cod prepped in Step 1 into a plastic bag. Add ◯ ingredients and lightly massage the bag to mix well..
- Let the bag from Step 2 sit for over 30 minutes (If longer, refrigerate)..
- Right before frying, add flour into the bag in step 3 and coat the fillets evenly..
- The cod will be crispier if you can coat all of their sides evenly in the flour or starch..
- Heat some oil in a frying pan. Fry fillets with skin facing down (over medium heat)..
- Flip when the fillets from Step 6 are golden brown, and it's done..