Juicy Chicken Thigh Karaage (Fried Chicken).
You can cook Juicy Chicken Thigh Karaage (Fried Chicken) using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Juicy Chicken Thigh Karaage (Fried Chicken)
- Prepare 20 of pieces Chicken thigh meat.
- Prepare 30 ml of Sake.
- It’s 2 tsp of Grated ginger.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- You need 1/3 tsp of Salt.
- You need 10 grams of Japanese mayonnaise.
- It’s 150 grams of ★ Katakuriko.
- It’s 30 grams of ★ Flour.
- Prepare 1 of Frying oil.
Juicy Chicken Thigh Karaage (Fried Chicken) instructions
- Put the chicken in a bowl, add the sake, and mix. Let it sit for 30 minutes or more..
- Add the grated ginger, soy sauce, and salt to the chicken in the bowl from Step 1, and let it marinate for 30 minutes..
- Add the ★ dry mixture in a plastic bag and mix..
- Add mayonnaise to the Step 2 bowl, and mix..
- Add the chicken from Step 4 to the Step 3 plastic bag with the katakuriko and flour. Shake to coat..
- Deep fry both sides until browned..
- Take the chicken out from the oil, transfer to a tray with paper towels or similar (to soak up the excess oil) and let it cook through with the residual heat..
- Deep fry the chicken again just before serving. This last step is key for an extra crispy finish..