Pork chops with pan sauce.
You can cook Pork chops with pan sauce using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pork chops with pan sauce
- Prepare 75 ml of maple syrup.
- It’s 150 ml of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 2 of rib end pork chops, about 3/4 in thick.
- Prepare 1 of small shallot, finely chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of unsweetened apple juice.
- Prepare of Unsalted butter.
Pork chops with pan sauce instructions
- Add the maple syrup to a small pot and put it on medium-low heat. Bring it up until you can just see the first tiny bubbles forming beneath the surface (about 10 minutes) and add the cider vinegar. Swirl the pot occasionally while the liquid reduces slightly (don't stir)..
- While you wait for the sauce to reduce, put a medium pan on medium-high heat. Add a splash of veg oil and a small knob of butter. Season the chops with salt and pepper and add them to the pan. Sear the chops for 4 minutes then flip. Sear another 3 to 4 minutes on the other side, using a spoon to baste the chops with the frying oil. When they're done, remove the chops to a plate to rest. Turn the pan down to low and remove any excess oil..
- Add a knob of butter to the pan and toss in the shallots. Sweat them for about 1 minute then pour in the the maple/vinegar reduction. Immediately add the apple juice. Use a wooden spoon to scrape any caramelized bits from the bottom of the pan. Let bubble away for 1 to 2 minutes until reduced to a thin syrup (it'll thicken more as it cools). Whisk in another knob of butter as well as a pinch of salt and several course grinds of black pepper, then serve with the chops..