Turkish Sumac Onions.
You can have Turkish Sumac Onions using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Turkish Sumac Onions
- Prepare 3-4 of medium size onions (thinly sliced).
- You need 1 of medium size bunch of freshly chopped parsley.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of sumac powder.
- Prepare of To dip the onions:.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need of For dressing:.
- Prepare of Juice of 3 small lemons.
- You need 3-4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 2 pinch of salt.
Turkish Sumac Onions step by step
- Thinly cut the onions, sprinkle salt on them and dip them in the water. Keep aside for 5-7 mins..
- Meanwhile finely chop the parsley, I chopped it in a mini chopper. Make the dressing and keep aside..
- Now gently squeeze the onions with your hands and remove all the water. Put them in a big mixing bowl..
- Now add sumac powder, chopped coriander and the dressing..
- Mix well and serve with your Turkish meals..