You can have Kimchi using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kimchi
- You need 1 kg of Nappa Cabbage.
- You need 300 gram of White Radish.
- Prepare 60 gram of Coarse Salt.
- Prepare of a.
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic.
- You need 60 ml of Fish sauce.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Ginger.
- You need of b.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of Glutinous Rice Flour.
- Prepare 6 Tablespoon of Water.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of Sugar.
- You need of c.
- You need 2 1/2 Tablespoon of Gochugaru.
- Cut the thick white part of the cabbage lengthwise in half. Then, slowly pull apart by hand to separate into two pieces. Do the same for each half to make quarters. Running the knife through all the way would unnecessarily cut off the cabbage leaves..
- Rinse the cabbage with some salt. Pour layer by layer of cut cabbage with coarse salt. Flipping every 30minutes for 3 times, total salting time 1hour 30minutes..
- First 30minutes, mix Ingredients B, and boil until translucent. Leave it to cool. Then, flip the cabbage..
- Second 30minutes, Blend Ingredients A in to paste and keep aside. Then, flip the cabbage..
- Last 30minutes, flip the cabbage. After 1 hour 30minues, the cabbage is ready to rinse 3 times to remove excess salt. Let it drain..
- Thinly slice the radish into matchsticks. Mix Ingredients A,B, & C in a mixing bowl to paste.
- Pour paste on cabbage and mix thoroughly by using hand gloves. Once mix, slowly transfer it into a sufficient airtight container/glass..
- Press the kimchi to the bottom,make sure no air at bottom or in between. Let it sit and ferment for 2-3 days without peeping it. Put it in fridge once fermented for better taste..