15 bean soup with pork.
You can cook 15 bean soup with pork using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 15 bean soup with pork
- It’s 1 lbs of dry 15 bean (2).
- You need 1/2 package of large assorted pork chops.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried, minced onion.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt (divided).
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper (divided).
- It’s 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s of Flavor packets that come with beans.
- It’s 1 of cap full liquid smoke.
- Prepare 1/3 c of vegetable oil or butter.
- It’s of Pre soak beans overnight if you can.
15 bean soup with pork instructions
- Mix half of paprika, salt and pepper. Debone the pork chops and season both sides, pat seasoning into meat..
- Brown both sides of the meat. Get a good sear going in the pot. I use a Dutch oven (as always lol) you can season and sear some of the bigger bones for additional flavor if you like..
- When meat is nicely browned, add your beans and fill over with water about an inch and a half. Stir well to release sear. Cover and bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer and cook for one hour..
- Add the rest of your seasonings and flavor packets, cook for another 30 to 45 minutes until beans are tender..
- Stir gently and try not to over stir or it will keep thickening up. Serve with rice..